Job Title: General Office Assistant
Basic Job Description: The ideal candidate for this position will meet all of the minimum qualifications and requirements listed below, and will be a self-sufficient team player that is capable of working as a part of a team, and also be able to work independently and resourcefully without direct supervision. This individual cannot be a former client (due to ethical considerations). The ability to multitask is important, and attention to detail is critical. You must have the ability to strategically schedule clients with the right clinicians at the right times to maintain order and balance in the waiting area. We are looking for a forward-thinker that can spot problems and solve them logically.
This position starts off as part-time. Our ideal candidate MUST be flexible and willing to work when needed. Sometimes hours change depending on the needs of the clinicians and the patients, and days may be slightly longer or shorter without notice. For this reason, flexibility is extremely important. Seasoned Part-Time staff will have first rights to any Full-Time reception positions that open in the future.
· 18 years of age or older
· Legally eligible to work in the United States
· Touch typing 40WPM minimum
· No criminal record
· Must be able to pass a drug test
· Must be flexible, willing to work evenings and Saturdays
· Must have reliable transportation
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Preferred clerical/administrative, especially in healthcare office environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· General administrative/clerical duties
· Data Entry (maintaining Electronic Health Record, Billing and Bookkeeping).
· Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Adobe, etc.
· Manage clinician schedules
· Ability to speak, write, and use the telephone effectively
· Manage reception area
· Protect patient privacy & confidentiality
· Complete forms and type letters for clinicians and administrators
· Light cleaning of office (to include vacuuming)
· Pick up mail and make banking deposits
· Other duties to ensure office runs smoothly
Submit resume to:
P.O. Box 344
Covington, VA 24426
Share this page: